We have a GREAT show for you this week as Tony and Krista and Guest Host Florence Porter discuss this weeks news and Hidden Gems that can be found in EPCOT
Email us at DisneyParksPodcast.com
Call The Crew at 407-476-8898
Check out the Disney Parks Podcast NEW Podcast Partner Destination in Florida
Click HERE to Visit Destination in Florida website.
Destinations in Florida Hotline 877-241-8663
Show Links & Information
CHECK out Carolwood Pacific – Walt’s Barn
CHECK out Sunrise Safari at AK
CHECK out EPCOT after hours wind down
CHECK out Tanabata Days Tokyo Disney Resort
Hidden gems – Epcot edition
- The distance around the World Showcase, from China to Canada, is 1.2.5 miles.
- In Canada, at Epcot’s World Showcase, there is a huge “rock” at the Kodak picture spot. Before IllumiNations-Reflections of Earth begin, the top of the “rock” will open, and sound and lighting equipment for IllumiNations will come out.
- The trees in Canada are replaced when they grow too big!
- The temple in China is acoustically perfect–if you stand exactly in the middle of the room, your voice will echo back to you.
- IN Future World, a U-shaped tunnel stretches 700 feet. It starts at the north end of Innoventions East, curves under Spaceship Earth and ends at the north end of Innoventions West. The tunnel is used for deliveries to Future World shops and restaurants.
- The torches were installed as part of the IllumiNations 2000: Reflections of Earth fireworks show celebrating the coming of the new millennium. Nineteen torches were erected around the lagoon representing the first 19 centuries of the last two millenniums. The torch representing the 20th Century rises up out of the globe during the IllumiNations finale.
- Try tossing trash in the garbage can alongside the condiments station inside the Electric Umbrella restaurant. Each time you push in the swiveling lid, the can generates comical expressions and sound effects in the same vein as the water fountains. You might hear a cacophony of voices arguing over who gets the trash you just tossed in (“It’s mine!” “It’s mine!” “It’s mine!”), or a sarcastic teen remarking “Hey dude, like your trash is totally awesome! Not!”
This weeks Listener CoHost
Florence Hanke Porter and the Disney Parks Podcast Crew & Friends
Follow Tony on the Internet
- Disney by the Numbers Website
- DBTN on Twitter
- DBTN on Facebook
- DBTN on YouTube
- DBTN on Pinterest
- DBTN App on iTunes
- DBTN on Google+
- DBTN on Flickr